
Today we say good bye to our Nana- and as my brother says , "death ends a life but not a relationship". So true- Alex and I have been very lucky to have had grandparents in our life for as long as we did - Nana was 89 years young and a strong woman. She and Madeline share the same birthday both born on March 8th and as Mom said we will always have a Nana candle on her cake to remember her and keep the light.
I have many great memories of summers in Connecticut in Bethany and making lunch and having picnics in the cemetery with Papa and Alex as they worked on monuments, going out for pizza, cruising in the duster, being Mrs. Grass, laughing , eating sour cream on our pierogies and just being with Nana. I have many great memories that play in my mind like a slide show- I have been blessed and I feel comfort knowing she is now with Papa and Peter.
Thank you to my Mom who has been by Nana's side along with our cousin Linda for the past 3 weeks - she knew you were both there - that I am sure of.
I love you Nana - your legacy will live on in Maddie and your memory alive in our hearts forever.
May you always know the peace, joy and love in God in all that you do.
May you find the the gift of God in every situation.
May you always know that you are never alone,
For God is with you......at all times...... and in all ways.
Godspeed Nana ......... I love you.
Ali
No comments:
Post a Comment